Friday, August 26, 2005

A Cult?

Ok, so ever since the Truck Stop of the Damned, I have entered a parallel universe. When I got home from Madison, there was a message on the machine from my dad saying that my sister (half sister) was moving to Utah to the most conservative city in the United States. I immediately called back and said "WTF!" The first thing I asked was "Is she joining a cult?" My dad didn't seem to think this was a legitimate question and brushed it off. He proceeded to tell me that she had met these people online about a year ago and had decided to go live with them. To me this just wreaks of weird! My sister is a good, trusting, sweet person. I worry. She's very naive when it comes to life and I believe she is being co-opted by a cult. But that's just my normal, evil, non-trusting, paranoid personality. I hope for the best. My dad seemed non-plused by this, but that is not surprising given my dad's situation and personality. I am wigged beyond belief.


Of course, I finally called her today. I never talk to my family. No kidding, never. I decided when I left Nebraska, there was a reason. So, I called her feeling like I needed to warn her. Well, she was already on her way to becoming the 5th wife of some lunatic in Utah. She was in Kearny, western NE, on the way to Utah. Apparently, these people that she is going to live with, came to Omaha to pick her up. Fucking WEIRD!! I am not sure what to think or do. All I know is that ever since we walked into the Amish Truckstop my life has not seemed right. It's weird. Very weird. HELP!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

As September dies,
I see no more words to read.
I cry in my beer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home