Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Ah, my hair!

Ok, so making two posts in one day is extreme, but they are two totally different subjects and I thought they deserved their own space. And afterall, I'm in the Olympic spirit and extreme is what the Olympics is all about - that and passion and snowboarding and hot guys and ugly ass figure skating outfits.

Sophie has a new trick - she has been bringing me all of the remote controls from the table in the living room. I don't know why, but it makes her happy and keeps her occupied. She will also take them back if I ask her - very impressive. She has also started saying "hi" like she's a tiny little Time/Life operator selling "Dorf on Golf" videos. It's cute. She picks up the phone and goes "hi". It makes me all teary-eyed and I laugh a lot. Of course, that has nothing to do with the Olympics or my post.

So, I finally hacked off all of my hair. It's great to get rid of it and I thought it was appropriate for Cabaret. I look like a punk flapper. I had 10" cut off and I donated it to Locks of Love. They use the hair to make wigs for children who have cancer. Of course, they separate out the gray hair and sell it. I hope I didn't have too much gray hair in my ponytail. I know there's more of it than there was 15 and a half months ago! I'm glad I did it...not just because now some tiny little person will have my hair for a wig, but because it was time for something new. It feels great. Now if I could just get over this fucking cold...

5 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You fucking cut your hair! Oh man, I bet you look fucking hot now! Are you going to do something punky with it? Or maybe get that Cyd Charisse look with the hair forward and laying on the face, that's a great look. Anyway, can't wait to see it!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Circe said...

Ok, anonymous - I came to visit you at work yesterday so you could see the new do, but you were "out" running after children. Maybe I'll stop by again today. Also, I have revised my Olympics title - I did mean to say "I fucking love the Olympics". Woops! I DON'T love the fucking Olympics - too much stickiness. Anyone that knows me, knows I can't stand the sticky! Blech!!

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you implying that I don't know you? That I haven't done plays with you? Torn fresh paint off your walls? Gone out to eat with you and the wee one? Watched bad movies with you? Broken into your house to wear your underwear and shave designs on the cat? I know you don't like the sticky. I've always thought of it as slicky, not sticky. I think, perhaps, you should give the fucking Olympics another chance. I'll bring my "autographed" copy of the highlights film over to watch. I think the orgy events are much better in full surround sound. Does your DVD do slo-mo close-ups? That will help too. Also, can I sit really close to you when we watch... just so I can point out the important moments... like there's this one time where the Chinese judge gives the American athlete poor marks on ejaculation distance... obvious bias on such an objective result! You'll need to watch that part a few times with my critique to really understand what I'm talking about.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not letting me leave comments again, and it deleted my Godfrey comment from a few days ago that I left with this post. Seriously, WTF?

Wonderfully Tasty Fudgebutter?
Wicked Tough Fern?
Wholly Torpid Fondler?

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now "Godfrey and Mr. Lasso" has disappeared again...

Time to start cracking some fucking skulls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home