Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Room service and Sophie-isms

So far this week has been quite an adventure. Early on Friday morning - around 6 or so - there was a loud banging sound that vaguely resembled the sound of a wall of books and plastic bags falling down. Michael and I sat up, wondering what this sound could be. Suddenly something ran under the bed. We were both freaked out. At the same time we said, "Raccoon!!" My heart was racing as I ran downstairs to look for our flashlight. On the way down, I was astonished to see that our bookcase had not fallen down. In fact, I was surprised to see the whole wall intact. I had really envisioned the entire North wall of my collapsing and pushing books and lathe and plaster all over the floor. But there was nothing. The whole thing was getting mysteriouser and mysteriouser. I got the flashlight from the basement and quietly and quickly made my was up the stairs. I gave Michael the flashlight and he shined it under the bed. There was Chloe, as freaked out as we were. She had a plastic bag over her head. It turns out, she had been getting in the leftovers that we had neglected to put away. Her head had gotten stuck in the handle and the noise we heard was the hollow plastic container hitting every stair as she ran up and under our bed. Amazingly enough Sophie never woke up.

Sophie's language has once again exploded. For a while last week, she seemed to be speaking Japanese and then this week, she has said some pretty intense and hilarious things. For example, on Monday, we were arguing about her wearing a hat. She has gotten so she wants to put up her hood and not wear a hat. Well, it's been windy and that just wasn't going to fly with me that day. I told her firmly that she needed to wear her hat and she looked at me and very clearly said, "I have the choice to say 'no'!" My mom had to leave the room because she was laughing so hard. I tried to muster my best firm parental voice and clearly said back that she could choose what hat to wear. We continued to argue and I sort of won. ARG! If only Bush could say that to Cheney!!

On a funnier note, we were in the kitchen playing just now and she spewed forth this little gem: "Run before the poop gets you. The party poop!" I don't know where it came from, but it was pretty damn funny. I ran.

6 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger ShOI said...

What, no comments? The most highly anticipated blog entry in two weeks and nobody bothers to leave a small token of appreciation? No wonder Shari never blogs.
That was the most bloated, deformed haiku I've ever written, by the way.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am finally reading it. Looking forward to another piece of cake after dinner tonight- it's OK to eat multiple desserts in one day as long as it's Lent, right?? Glad I'm not Catholic :).

I love Sophie's hat comment.

(N)BFF

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Comment

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Brendon Etter said...

The reason I don't leave comments, is because you never fucking leaves comments for me, Shari! Grrrrrrrrr.r.....rr.r.r.r.r.r..rrrrr...rr..rr.r.r.r.r..r.r.rr.r.

That's a lot of growling.

That's Morse code sort-of growling.

qpvgdn

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Brendon Etter said...

A highcool:

Enormous cumshots?
Wait, is this Shari's website?
Oops, sorry... again.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Circe said...

Again, you think it's all about you, but it's not. That was blatantly directed at Henry, who gives me shit about not posting and then does not even comment on my post to let me know he has read it. Sigh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home