Wednesday, August 22, 2007

OMG! It's a post!

I have about 5 seconds to sum up my summer, so here it is.

Allegedly, I didn't work this summer and yet I have been busier this summer than last summer. That was due in part to directing, which is work, but not work like teaching. It was a relief to not teach every day and mostly fun to direct. Ok, some fun to direct. There was a lot of crap involved in that too. I am a crap free girl. I really just want to run around the park pontificating and not have a stage or makeup or lights or sound or costumes - ok, maybe the costumes, but nothing else. Anyway, I directed "Burial at Thebes", which didn't suck. That's pretty high praise from me. Just ask my RRR kids what I always tell them. So, that pretty much kept me busy most of the summer after I finished up choreography for "Little Shop".

Yeah, that was it. It seems so small written into one paragraph. Lame.

Now, I am getting ready for Jessie Jane's Jamboree II: Kitten Kaboodle. I am very excited to be playing Jessie this year. Woohoo! I've NEVER had a lead in a musical, so this is a thrilling and terrifying experience. I am at once exhilarated and self-loathing. Part of me really wants this and part of me feels I don't deserve it a bit, especially considering the girls who did not get it who are fabulously talented. So, during rehearsals I waver through all of these bizarre emotions until I am on stage and doing my lines or my songs...then nothing matters. I truly have worked hard to get my music and my lines down and am very proud of where I am with both. I just wish I could take some time to really relish this opportunity instead of feeling embarrassed by it. There are just so many fabulous actors/dancers/singers around me that I feel very humbled by where I'm at right now. Oh yeah, and Arianna Bond is seriously gorgeous and young and fabulous and she's playing my nemesis - Kitten - in the play - that may have something to do with it. I just know I am not THAT fabulous!

Aside from that, I am busy with year two of NYC MTW, which is going well. And I'm getting ready to do the High School musical, On the Town. YAY! I'm very excited about that. AND getting ready to teach classes, take a class in the cities and ship Tiny off to Mini-KidsArt at the Guild and possibly circus classes too. ARG! My brain is fried. Basically, don't expect another post for a few more months...

12 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kitten Kaboodle is going down in hail of lead!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Brendon Etter said...

Yes, there are some good actors / singers / dancers around you, that doesn't mean you suffer in the comparison.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Jim H. said...

Shari:

What's NYC MTW?

And...break a leg!

Or someone else's!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Brendon Etter said...

Jim,

It's Northfield Youth Choir's Musical Theater Workshop.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Circe said...

I now have four, possibly five readers! This blogger's painting the town red tonight. Woohoo! Oh yeah, and maybe I'll post more.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Brendon Etter said...

No, I don't read your posts, because you don't read mine or forward them to thousands of people or comment on my site or anything...

Why should I try to make you famous?

Plus, our fucking iMac died, no idea how or why... the kids ain't talking.

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, there are some rockin' people in the cast- including you! After this I predict you will get some leads- you definitely have the triple threat going.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You were definitely the shining star of the show. Don't forget that.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! It's a comment!

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger emcee emdee said...

Shari,

You effing rocked as Jessie! 'nuff said.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Circe said...

Wow! I'm excited to know that I am still getting comments on a post that is several months old. Woohoo! Maybe I'll actually post this week. It's been a helluva six months, so there's lots to say.

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Brendon Etter said...

Screw that! I'm definitely not leaving a comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home